Pension KITAS/Retirement KITAS

KITAS for those who want to live in Indonesia after retirement.

Main questions about pension KITAS

The main requirement is age. You must be at least 55 years old to apply. Currently, most countries are eligible to apply for a pension visa, except for Afghanistan, Cameroon, Guinea, Israel, North Korea, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria and Somalia.

- Free entry and exit from the country; - Possibility to lease land; - Allowed to open a bank account.

- You do not plan to work in Indonesia; - Obtain a valid life and health insurance; - Sign a lease agreement for 1 year; - Hire a maid or a housekeeper. - Provide evidence of pension or deposit funds in the amount of at least $18,000 per year / $1,500 per month.

1 year

The KITAS pension can be extended a maximum of 5 times with an annual extension.

You can apply for KITAP, but you will need to be granted a pension visa for the previous 5 years.

No. If one of you applies for a pension visa, the spouse may apply for a family KITAS (dependent KITAS). Pension visa requires quite a lot of supporting documents, and not all people can provide them. Therefore, we recommend applying for one pension visa and one family visa.

You can take your children with you if they are under 18 years old. They will need a family visa. (dependent KITAS)

Once you receive a pension KITAS or family KITAS, you will become a resident of Indonesia and will have to pay Indonesian income tax on the population based on your global income.

- Passport with the remaining validity period of 18 months; - Photo on a red background; - Curriculum vitae (CV); - Life and health insurance policy; - Lease of the house for a period of not less than 1 year (signed by both parties, it is necessary to specify the name of the owner, the address of the house to be rented, the amount of rent and attach to the owner’s CTU); - Application / letter regarding the employment of a maid / assistant from Indonesia while residing in Indonesia; - Maid/assistant identification (KTP); Pension Fund extract with a minimum of $1,500 per month ($18,000 per year); - A copy of the marriage certificate if you are married.

Step-by-step algorithm of obtaining pension KITAS

Step 1. Provide documents.

First, you will need to provide the following documents: a valid foreign passport and a copy of your foreign passport, marriage certificate, a copy of your identity card and the family card of your Indonesian spouse, who has the status of «married»This is a copy of your Indonesian husband’s last bank statement. and a sponsorship letter.

Step 2. Getting VITAS

Apply for VITAS (preliminary approval of a temporary stay visa). Then VITAS will be issued to you by e-mail in the format of e-visa (E-Vice), which you will need to simply print and take with you. With an electronic visa, you can enter Indonesia.

Step 3. Convert VITAS to KITAS

Upon entering Indonesia, you will have 7 days to transfer VITAS to KITAS. During this time you are not allowed to leave Indonesia. It will be necessary to go to the local immigration office for a biometric session that will include photographing and fingerprinting. Your Married Visa will be accompanied by Multiple Entry Permit (MERP), which means you can now freely enter and exit Indonesia. Please note that this is not a work visa, so you will not be able to work or start a business in Indonesia. If you decide you want to work later, you will need to apply for a work permit.

Step 4. Civil registration and reporting

Within 14 days of the issuance of KITAS you must register with the Civil Department, after which you will receive the Certificate of Establishment of the Family of temporary residents) and STM (Certificate from the Police).

Shall we get started?

Write to the manager in a convenient messenger.

Client Portal | Internal Tools | Web App Builder | Free Website Builder Made with Softr